The Snowy Mountains
The region is not only a winter wonderland experience but also great for the warmer seasons too. The Snowy Mountains and the Kosciuszko National Park offer travel groups fantastic packages for one day, two days or extended holidays.
Popular attractions to consider include:
- Snowy Mountain Hydro Discovery Centre and Power Station: learn about the construction and operation of Australia’s largest engineering feat.
- Yarrangobilly Caves: join guided tours through the caves and natural thermal pools.
- Kiandra Goldfields: explore relics of Australian pioneer history.
- Thredbo Australian Institute of Sport: visit on Thredbo Alpine Ecology Day to join the Mount Kosciuszko walk.
- Eucumbene Trout Farm: throw in your hook, line and sinker with beginner’s fishing lessons.
- Lake Jindabyne: make a splash with a range of water sports including canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, fishing and sailing.